Precast concrete detailing on the state of the art platform Revit
Full BIM integration for trend setting design.
Today’s construction design is more and more realized by following the BIM method. Often BIM is a precondition for the participation on large scale projects and strictly mandated by the constructor. If the precast manufacturer hasn’t established the BIM method he will in the worst case not be considered for tender invitations.
The software Revit from Autodesk has already been etablished as world market leader for building construction planning and project management with BIM technology. Who’s thinking about BIM cannot ignore this program! For this reason, IDAT offers a very easy and secure workflow for precast concrete detailing with Revit building models by using the IDAT programs RevitPrecastLink and CCAD.
RevitPrecastLink is an individually configurable interface between Autodesk Revit and IDAT CCAD. CCAD is a long time established and internationally used precast concrete design solution from IDAT. RevitPrecastLink is an add-on for Revit and exchange data bidirectionally.
The workflow with RevitPrecastLink contains the following work steps:
- The configuration of the different Revit families in the building model and assignment of a specific precast concrete type incl. details (for example layer thicknesses for multi-layer panels) for CCAD.
- Assignment of Revit mounting parts (for example MEP objects like electrical sockets) to the existing mount part catalogs of the precast manufacturer.
- Automatic transfer of the Revit model (or parts of it) to the IDAT CCAD program.
- Precast concrete detailing in CCAD incl. segmentation, connections, reinforcement, shop drawings, installation (site) plans, generation of machine data (CAD/CAM interface) if necessary and material detection.
- Transfer of all additionally generated objects (for example wall elements after segmentation incl. all details like lifting anchors, connection details etc.) back to the Revit source model.
A bidirectional change management ensures that both building models (Revit source model and CCAD precast model) are always on the same release. Changes on the Revit model will be overtaken to the CCAD model and all connected details like shop drawings will be updated automatically as well. Changed elements and objects in CCAD will be marked for the user for final control.
RevitPrecastLink and CCAD together offer the easiest and secure way of precast concrete detailing with direct information from Revit. Other options like IFC or other open BIM technologies generating much more efforts and also a loss of reliability (change management).